The long-running Nvidia Shield TV is getting another Android TV update, this time with Shield Experience 9.1.1 which brings new power controls and a slew of bug fixes.
Rolling out now to all Shield TV devices, Shield Experience 9.1.1 is a relatively minor update, but one that brings many fixes to popular Android TV streamers. As for new features, Nvidia details a new power control option that allows the Shield to wake up when the TV input is changed to the input the Shield is plugged into, which can be handy. for those with a wonky CEC or no functionality at all.
New Dolby Vision commands have also been added to Developer Options, and Nvidia says it’s revamped and cleaned up that menu as well.
There is also an update to the Shield TV app on Android phones that fixes an issue that prevented the app from launching properly on Samsung Galaxy devices.
Full change log for Shield Experience 9.1.1 follows:
- Adds power control option to wake up SHIELD when TV input switches to SHIELD
- Add developer option to force Dolby Vision Low Latency if available
- Enable if Dolby Vision is not correctly detected on some Philips TVs
- Resolves large smb file transfers disconnection issues by disabling anonymous access by antiviruses
- Adds a developer option to improve HDMI-CEC volume control for AVRs/Soundbars (“Clean up preferred playback logical address”)
- General cleanup and reorganization of developer options
SHIELD TV app
- [Android only] Resolves issue where the SHIELD TV app would not launch properly on some Samsung Galaxy phones
- Fixes bug where protected content would not play if external storage is connected
- Fixes color accuracy bug when develop option “Defaults to Rec .709 for HD videos” is
- Fixes issue where auto-game mode would be enabled on NVIDIA games even when disabled
- [SHIELD 2019 models] Resolves the issue of video crashing when searching in rapid succession when Dolby audio processing is enabled
- [SHIELD 2019 models] Fixes issue where audio would not be present until reboot when Dolby audio processing is enabled
- [SHIELD 2019 models] Resolves issue where audio would play at an accelerated rate when Dolby audio processing is enabled
- Fixed a bug where files were not correctly detected on attached removable storage
- Fixed a bug when mounting the NAS using IP addresses for accounts with empty passwords
- Fixes issue where simplified wake up buttons would not turn on infrared controlled TV
- Fixes issue where SHIELD would not respond to BT devices for up to 60 seconds after startup
- [2015/2017 SHIELD] Fixes MxMaster 3 BT mouse pairing issue
- Fixes issue where the TV remote would not control SHIELD 30 seconds after waking up SHIELD
- Resolves some issues where CEC volume control was not working properly on AV
receivers or soundbars
- Fixes issue where Control4 systems would not wake up SHIELD if the systems were turned off while the screen saver was active
- Fixes issues with the UI displaying in low resolution for a split second
- Fixes bug where user had to select a home app when setting up SHIELD after factory reset or
- “Enable Dolby Vision” notification will be removed after rejection
- Fixed a bug where region specific apps would not be visible after disabling
- Fixed a bug where the microphone notification displayed on the keyword “Ok Google”
Learn more about Android TV:
FTC: We use revenue-generating automatic affiliate links. After.