Update #2 [Wed 21st Dec, 2022 17:05 GMT]: Ho ho ho, we’re back with day three of Nintendo’s House of Indies, where the Big N is spreading holiday cheer by sharing brand new indie game news and shadow drops.
Today we get cozy with potions, raccoons, toys and a cute little veil. Two shadow drops and two spring releases are behind the schedule today, so let’s take a look:
- Potion Craft: Alchemist Simulator (spring 2023 release) – It is exactly what it looks like, except a bit more old-school. Potion Craft is an alchemist sim where you run a shop and brew potions for the townspeople. Coming to Switch early next year.
- sound (out now) – A musical puzzle game where you’ll navigate musical ruins with your raccoon friend. Out today on the Switch eShop.
- tin hearts (released April 20, 2023) – Rogue Sun’s inventive Lemmings-style puzzler is beautifully animated and comes from many of the folks who brought us Fable. Guide the toys to various locations and stay safe! The game finally has an April release date.
- Navigate forward (out now) – This charming sailing simulator hits the eShop today – think Wind Waker but without all the Zelda-ing and you’re pretty much there! We have more details on the game here.
What will day four bring? Be sure to have a cup of hot chocolate with you for tomorrow’s festive indie party!
Update [Tue 20th Dec, 2022 17:08 GMT]: Welcome to the House of India, Nintendo Life readers! Nintendo released second video of the weekshowcasing new indie titles coming to Switch over the next twelve months.
Today we have two shadow drops and two 2023 games to share, including a remaster of a very popular indie title from a few years ago. Here’s what’s on Nintendo’s list today:
- The Gecko Gods (excluding 2023) – an adorable puzzle platformer where you control a little gecko through a bunch of mazes. Just look at the little guy! You can grab this next year on Switch, but for now check out the eShop page.
- The captain (out now) – A narrative adventure game where you will have to make enormous Mass Effect– as decisions that can affect who lives and who survives in space. Engage in space battles and explore the galaxy to $19.99 on the Switch web store.
- Risk of return rain (excluding 2023) – The 2013 hit roguelike is getting a remaster with new modes and improvements. The multiplayer has been completely revamped and there will also be new survivors to play. Check out the game at The online store.
- The Puguin (out now) – a new puzzle game from the developer of Sightseeing and fast RMX where you control a penguin that hits boxes. You can play alone or knock against a friend. The game costs $14.99 on the eShop right now.
Be sure to come back tomorrow for another batch of freshly curated indie titles!
original article [Mon 19th Dec, 2022 17:50 GMT]: Nintendo has announced a new series of festive videos focused on indie developers called “Inside the House of Indies: Holiday Event”. Over the next five days, the company will post a short video on his YouTube channel with announcements and updates for indie games, starting today with the video above.
Every day until December 23, a new video will be released at 5:00 p.m. GMT / 6:00 p.m. CEST / 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET. Here is the description from the YouTube video:
Welcome to Inside the House of Indies: Holiday Event – Day 1! Join us from December 19-23 to share daily updates, announcements and more from our independent partners. Check out the first batch of indie games below and be sure to check back tomorrow at 9am PT / 12pm ET for a new video!
As you will see in the first videoday one features news on the tactics title Soft Knights (available now on Switch eShop), a narrative adventure full of puzzles Roman Sands RE:Build (coming summer 2023), first-person canine photographer Pupperazzi (coming ‘Early 2023’), and action-RPG Mortal Shell: Complete Edition (available now).
Fingers crossed that the long-awaited sports history will feature in this event. Let us know below if there’s anything in particular you’re hoping to see.