Update #4 [Fri 23rd Dec, 2022 17:08 GMT]: It’s here, friends! sports history is the headliner for the final day of Nintendo’s festive House of Indies. Boy, if we found something like this in our advent calendar, we’d be very happy.
The long-awaited sequel to golf historyafter being teased for a December release date in the latest Indie World, is out now! But that’s not the only crack version Nintendo shared on the last day of treats. There are sea of stars news also of Yasunori Mitsuda, the legendary the trigger of a stopwatch and To cross composer.
- dust and neon (excluding 2023) – A rogue-lite shooter that pits cowboys against robots (no, not the Daniel Craig movie). Think dual stick shooting with tons and tons of upgrades.
- ETERNAL (spring 2023 release) – a survival game with minimalist visuals, you are Anling trying to keep her son safe as the couple race to save their lives in a zombie infested world. The game is currently in Early Access on Steam.
- Sea of Stars (Released Summer 2023) – a stunning turn-based RPG inspired by Chrono Trigger, from the makers of The messenger. Mitsuda is excited to work with Sabotage on the game to create Super Nintendo-style sound.
- Sports Story (available now) – after years and years of begging, Sports Story is now available on the eShop for just $14.99. This sports RPG lets you play golf, tennis, football, cricket, volleyball, fishing, BMX and more!
Not only that, but Nintendo is throwing a big Indie World holiday sale on the Switch eShop. From today until January 1, 2023, you can get up to 50% off tons of fantastic indie titles.
Phew! What a week of news. Get stuck into Sports Story and your mince pies, folks!
Update #3 [Thu 22nd Dec, 2022 17:30 GMT]: Like clockwork, Nintendo is back to dump some indie goodness under the tree on day four of Inside the House of Indies.
Once again, today’s video shows four new tracks, this time spanning rhythmic dreams, fantasy roguelikes, puppets, and cyberpunk volleyball. Here is what was announced this time:
- Melatonin (out now) – A rhythm game about dreams, Melatonin will have you navigating surreal musical puzzles with warm vibes all around. Keep up the pace and complete tasks ranging from batting alarm clocks to using a toy grabbing machine.
- Afterimage (released April 25, 2023) – A fantasy-based roguelike where you’ll explore mystical environments as a brilliant protagonist, slicing through enemies as you go.
- smile for me (spring 2023 release) – In this “nod and shake adventure” you’ll navigate a spooky world, completing tasks for its vaguely paper mario-like the locals. It looks surreal and creepy in equal measure, so be prepared to take a trip into the weird with this one.
- Hyper Gunsport (out now) – Billed as “Cyberpunk Volleyball with Guns”, this arcade-style game will let you play futuristic volleyball while wielding an arsenal of explosive weapons.
We’re gearing up for the final day of the event tomorrow and are excited to see what the latest indie band will bring!
Update #2 [Wed 21st Dec, 2022 17:05 GMT]: Ho ho ho, we’re back with day three of Nintendo’s House of Indies, where the Big N is spreading holiday cheer by sharing brand new indie game news and shadow drops.
Today we get cozy with potions, raccoons, toys and a cute little veil. Two shadow drops and two spring releases are behind the schedule today, so let’s take a look:
- Potion Craft: Alchemist Simulator (spring 2023 release) – It is exactly what it looks like, except a bit more old-school. Potion Craft is an alchemist sim where you run a shop and brew potions for the townspeople. Coming to Switch early next year.
- sound (out now) – A musical puzzle game where you’ll navigate musical ruins with your raccoon friend. Out today on the Switch eShop.
- tin hearts (released April 20, 2023) – Rogue Sun’s inventive Lemmings-style puzzler is beautifully animated and comes from many of the folks who brought us Fable. Guide the toys to various locations and stay safe! The game finally has an April release date.
- Navigate forward (out now) – This charming sailing simulator hits the eShop today – think Wind Waker but without all the Zelda-ing and you’re pretty much there! We have more details on the game here.
What will day four bring? Be sure to have a cup of hot chocolate with you for tomorrow’s festive indie party!
Update [Tue 20th Dec, 2022 17:08 GMT]: Welcome to the House of India, Nintendo Life readers! Nintendo released second video of the weekshowcasing new indie titles coming to Switch over the next twelve months.
Today we have two shadow drops and two 2023 games to share, including a remaster of a very popular indie title from a few years ago. Here’s what’s on Nintendo’s list today:
- The Gecko Gods (excluding 2023) – an adorable puzzle platformer where you control a little gecko through a bunch of mazes. Just look at the little guy! You can grab this next year on Switch, but for now check out the eShop page.
- The captain (out now) – A narrative adventure game where you will have to make enormous Mass Effect– as decisions that can affect who lives and who survives in space. Engage in space battles and explore the galaxy to $19.99 on the Switch web store.
- Risk of return rain (excluding 2023) – The 2013 hit roguelike is getting a remaster with new modes and improvements. The multiplayer has been completely revamped and there will also be new survivors to play. Check out the game at The online store.
- The Puguin (out now) – a new puzzle game from the developer of Sightseeing and fast RMX where you control a penguin that hits boxes. You can play alone or knock against a friend. The game costs $14.99 on the eShop right now.
Be sure to come back tomorrow for another batch of freshly curated indie titles!
original article [Mon 19th Dec, 2022 17:50 GMT]: Nintendo has announced a new series of festive videos focused on indie developers called “Inside the House of Indies: Holiday Event”. Over the next five days, the company will post a short video on his YouTube channel with announcements and updates for indie games, starting today with the video above.
Every day until December 23, a new video will be released at 5:00 p.m. GMT / 6:00 p.m. CEST / 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ET. Here is the description from the YouTube video:
Welcome to Inside the House of Indies: Holiday Event – Day 1! Join us from December 19-23 to share daily updates, announcements and more from our independent partners. Check out the first batch of indie games below and be sure to check back tomorrow at 9am PT / 12pm ET for a new video!
As you will see in the first videoday one features news on the tactics title Soft Knights (available now on Switch eShop), a narrative adventure full of puzzles Roman Sands RE:Build (coming summer 2023), first-person canine photographer Pupperazzi (coming ‘Early 2023’), and action-RPG Mortal Shell: Complete Edition (available now).
Fingers crossed that the long-awaited sports history will feature in this event. Let us know below if there’s anything in particular you’re hoping to see.